Mobile App Marketing Explained
Yes, app space is getting bigger and bigger with more than 2 million applications in the market now. But because of this, today many people (especially, mobile app publishers) are facing issues with their app’s visibility. So optimizing your app becomes a crucial part if you are in this arena. Thus, it becomes important to understand some of the Mobile Apps Marketing methods for getting discovered in the app store and for that, ASO is the best technique to go for it.
Let us understand ASO (App Store Optimization)
ASO is simply a process, which is all about ranking your app higher in the search result of the App Store. This is a continuous process that will help you gain more visibility, more potential customers and more traffic as well.
So, to do ASO for your app, you need to first understand your target customers more effectively. And then understand the keyword choices or the language used by your target customers at the time of search, which is actually an important part of Mobile Apps Marketing.
Importance of ASO
The majority of the people, first search for the apps and then they install them. Thus, searching plays a vital role and so you must do ASO to increase the search ranking of your app. But there are publishers in the market who are not investing in ASO, even though being aware of the fact that there are thousands of apps in the market vying to rank high on the search engine result page. So, use this trick of optimizing just by giving some of your valuable time every week and becoming successful in the App Store.
Some important tips
- Effectively use keywords in the title of your application, but keep a user-friendly one. Then, it will surely keep up with your apps quality as well as rank you higher in search results.
- Improve your App Store ratings, but quit begging for ratings.
- Just like ratings, reviews also play a very critical role. So make a very appealing application that can definately make your users write a positive review.
- Your app will rank high with greater number of downloads and if your keywords are in the competitive range, then keep in mind that you will surely need more downloads.
- Keeping track of your ranking, your competitors’ ranking and keep experimenting with your own keywords and all these will help you drive more traffic as well as ranking in search results
- Do the proper Mobile Apps Marketing because it is all about awareness, improving recognition as well as social media presence.
Remember, that being found in the App Store is not everyone’s cup of tea. For that you need to take active participation by investing time and effort to drive more traffic to your application’s page.