I wanted to make this process as simple and fast for you as possible, Here’s what you will need to know before getting started.
If some of these don’t make sense to you right now, don’t worry about it. I’m going to show you how simple it is to go live with a blog in just minutes,,..
What is WordPress?
WordPress (WP) is one of the most widely using blogging platforms in our Global village, because it is an open source Content Management System (CMS). It is powered by PHP and MySQL. WP was first introduced in 2003 which was founded by Matt Mullenweg (who is also the founder of WP parent company AUTOMATTIC).
Nowadays, nearly 24.6% of the websites are using WordPress based sites. Those websites are powered by WordPress. The company AUTOMATTIC offers two types of blogging platforms. They are Free WordPress (extension with “.com”) and Self-hosted WordPress (extension with “.org”).
Most of the professional bloggers and full-time bloggers have been started their journey with self-hosted WordPress hosting. To store the files media, the WP team suggesting Bluehost as recommended hosting.
There are 47,715 plugins are available in the plugin directory and which have thousands of themes also at free of cost.
What is the difference between WordPress.com vs WordPress.org?
There are two different types of WordPress blogging platforms are available. They are WordPress.com (Free) and WordPress.org (Self-hosted WordPress). What WordPress version is suitable either WordPress.com vs WordPress.org. Which is better? It is better to use free version of WordPress.com or self-hosted WordPress.org. When I started searching to clarify my doubt and after 20 days of my prolonged research, finally I opted self-hosted WordPress.org, because of its simplicity and its freedom. At last I have launched this blog.
This article provides few points on that comparison on WordPress.com vs WordPress.org. Here is a list to help anybody to choose the difference between Automatic and made platform in the open source solution. My aim is to provide the basic idea to compare WordPress.com vs WordPress.org. Using WordPress for Blogging is the first choice for every blogger including me.
There is difference between WordPress.com vs WordPress.org. The major point of the difference is that customization control. There are so many benefits of using WordPress as blogging platform. There are few advantages and disadvantages of WordPress and I am discussing them in point wise.
WordPress.com is a hosting platform that facilitates online publication. The software is hosted and maintained by the team Automatic , no requirements, no backup; and the blogger only can focus on content creation. It is a turnkey Blogger Type Pad, etc. …
WordPress.org is provided by the same people who can work on WP and the open source blogging software that millions of websites use.
Advantages WordPress. Com
- It’s free and easy to set up
- All technical maintenance work is supported – Installation, upgrades, spam, backups, security, etc.
- Your blog is on hundreds of servers, always available, even in high traffic
Disadvantages WordPress. Com
- Only 250 themes available and you cannot download custom themes
- You cannot change the PHP code on your website
- You cannot download plugins
- Domain as myblog.wordpress.com
A WP blog which was previously downloaded on WordPress.org is the original and it is full version of the WordPress blogging tool.
Commonly called “self-hosted solution”, the blogger should buy a domain name and Hosting, then install WordPress and the bloggers are free to change everything, customize, etc. …
Advantages WordPress. Org
- Ability to upload custom themes
- Ability to upload plugins
- Complete control of the code
- Total control of your domain
Disadvantages WordPress. Org
- Requires more technical knowledge
- You are responsible for updates to the software
- You are responsible for your accommodation
- Freedom, choice and a total customization. The ideal solution for your windows sites or corporate blogging pro.
Which type of WordPress is Suitable for a new blogger?
If a reader is a personal blogger, if he is not thinking about making money through his blog here WordPress.com is the suitable platform to express his information.
If a new blogger wants to turn up as a full time or part time blogger and also to earn money, self-hosted WordPress.org is the correct platform. it is very costly, to those people who are expecting this Self-hosted WordPress. But it is completely not correct. Now most of the hosting service providers are giving smart plans to start their blogging career with few steps only.
The charges may be varying from $2 to $10 depends on their needs. The blogger can visit my old posts to get huge discounts on new hosting purchases. The hosting accounts are providing one free domain from their Domain Registration services.
Check your domain availability now and check the discounts available on the given recommended WordPress Hosting service providers. They are cheapest WordPress Hosting plans which fit in our daily budgets.
Personally I recommend Bluehost, iPage and GreenGeeks web hosting services
Finally, WordPress is the right selection for bloggers. Choosing WordPress.com and WordPress.org is depending on blogger’s need and type of work attending. This review clarifies the differences between WordPress.com vs WordPress.org.
How to start a new Blog? This is the first question for every new blogger in their blogging journey. Making money online is the most common issue that we are hearing nowadays. Everybody should show their keen interest on business improvement on online marketing. The boom and importance of internet have been growing day to day for the past 5 years. The result is that internet has become a business to many companies.
From past to present we are getting maximum information on the web. Every day, we are learning many new issues / topics from the internet. Apart from that Blogging also can be learned from our interest. Now on this page, I discuss the complete major point on “How to make a new Blog”
I have been running these blog successfully since few years, making money from online marketing remains a question to me.
Though I spent more than one year with this blog, still I am a learner only. I have been learning a lot from this blog. I have concentrated on the content feeding for first 10 months without expecting monitory benefits as I was busy in embedding stuff, writing articles and simultaneously publishing them. With this experience, I am writing this eBook.
- This is a very good weapon for you online presence.
- You can earn or make money by using your own skills
- You can build your online identity
- You can maintain strong relations with your customers
- You become a good authority in your industry
- You will get money freedom and more confident
- No need to start a rat race for your regular jobs
- No traffic jams at your office hours
- You can educate people with your writings on your blog
- You can easily explain about your products
To do this step you need to know and follow these major sub steps.
- Pick a perfect domain name for your blog
- Choose a good and quality web-hosting
- Then it’s time to setup for your hosting account
Pick a Perfect Domain name for your blog
Every blog needs to have a domain name on the web. This is the address to access your content. This is the basic point where your web hosting and data will be stored online.
Choosing of domain name is the first success in blogging and online business. The domain name must be short, easy to remember and easy to spell. Pick the extensions either a .com, .net or .org extension. Do not go for other extensions like. Biz, .me, .tv, .online,.pro.
Majority of the domain names are already registered. Here few tools will help you to find good and easily spelt words. The tools are LeanDomainSearch.com and InstantDomainTools.com. Try these tools to find your desired domains.
Remember these points before choosing Domain name
You need to decide with a lot of care in selecting a Domain name. One should remember few things before registering the domain name.
Understand your Niche:
You need to have a complete idea on your topic. First you should decide your domain name with relevant keywords. Example:
- The keywords related to Blogging would be blogging, blog, blogo, bloggy.
- In case it is tech blogs it would be Tech, Techno, Geek, Nerd etc.
Do not Use Numbers and special characters:
Do not use numbers in the domain name. If you are using the numbers, there is no additional value in SEO aspect. For online brand reputation, try to avoid numbers in domain names.
Try to avoid using special characters like “Hyphen (-)”. This type of domains is not easy to tell anybody if a hyphen and other special characters are used. If the number is important to place within the domain name, try to use words instead of Numbers.
When to use? It is good if the number actually represents something in your brand name, for example, note 99 means 99 cents per note. Customer marketing / perception are ok as long as they can link the number to something related to your business.
Be Creative: If your domain name is creative and meaningful, that’s good. It helps you to promote your brand and business in a good way. The domain name you register should be meaningful. The meaning of the name should be known to you.
Rhyme Everything: Your domain name should be simple, meaningful and easy to pronounce. Do not go for long names as your domain names.
For your domain registration, you can follow and use Godaddy, Namecheap, Bigrock services and register yourself.
Choose a good and quality webhosting
Webhosting is the space to store your content and your information on your blog. Before choosing the best web hosting, you must remember few points.
- You should know your hosting needs.
- Check the hosting server uptime and reliability guarantees
- Read Web host upgrading options and its features
- Check the additional features like unlimited domains feature based on your needs
- Check plans, pricing and renewals pricing details
- Check the web hosting cPanel
- You must read the server usage policy and Company Terms of Services and many more.
- If you need check the other supporting features like Site back up and environmental friendliness.
I am personally recommending Bluehost. I am using this hosting since many a year. It is very good in uptime, support and with easy interface. The Bluehost have more than 2 million users worldwide.
Why I am suggesting the Bluehost?
There are many reasons on this recommendation for your WordPress blog. Honestly I am suggesting this is the best web hosting providers. The reasons are
- Access – for people to have access to your website.
- Reliability– The web hosting companies’ use dedicated to specific servers and display Web Also, they have systems to ensure that your website is accessible all the time.
- Ease of Use with the use of a panel similar to the Windows control.
- Economic– Best of all, you can get hosting for as little as only $ 4.95 per month.
- There are hundreds or possibly thousands of webhosting available. However, based on experience I have gained with different research I’ve done, I recommend Bluehost.
- The using of Bluehost is very easy. Anyone can create WordPress blog by using my tutorial.
- It offers very good technical support
- It is an affordable and cheap web hosting. You have a blog in this Bluehost at just $2.75 per month.
- The Bluehost is giving one free domain name with all plans.
- It is self-hosted. If you want to monetize your blog, then you should be in self-hosted WordPress blog.
- It has a friendly c-panel interface. You can use all the features at free of cost.
Now it’s time to setup for your hosting account:
Now you might have got some idea on choosing of Domain name and web hosting. So, it is time to go for next step to grab the free domain name with Bluehost web hosting at cheapest prices.
Basically the hosting setup and blog setup will take 20 to 30 minutes for the first time. I will help. I have everything laid out for you by using the screenshot in the coming steps. You can always contact me at any time.
Step by step guide to buy Bluehost Webhosting:
Start the Bluehost registration simple from this link “Get started Now”
First, go to the Bluehost link and then select one plan from the table (Starter, Plus and Business Pro). Here I am suggesting minimum 2 years’ plan (or) more to save money.
- Choose free domain or use your existed domain name
- Package information
- Complete hosting purchase
- Select a password
- Log in into web hosting’s cPanel
- Choose free domain or use your existed domain name:
In this page, you can see as how you can choose to get a free domain name from Bluehost or you can setup with your existed domain (If you have an old domain already). The Bluehost domain registration service is also good. But it provides the free domains only along with hosting pages but not individual.
If you are using the existed domain, you should update Bluehost Name servers.
No problem if you can do this Name server updating process later. Or enter the new domain name that you wish to buy in the “New domain” field; the new domain name will be active with your Bluehost hosting. (Remember: The free domain is valid up to 1 year only, after that you must renewal the domain).
Fill the Account Details carefully:
In this page, you need to enter your details (Name, Email address, Address of the registrant). After that, check the filled details once, before submission. The login details will be sent to the given email address.
Select and Fill the Package information:
Now choose the package which you want to host to land your blog / blogs. Here deselect the “Site backup pro” and “Site lock Domain Security” if you don’t need.
Enter the Billing information to complete the Purchase:
In billing information there are two options available. They are “Pay by Credit card” and “Pay with PayPal”. Choose any one of the payment options as you wish. Then click on “Complete” at the end.
Finally, you will receive the Congratulation page. Your new hosting Purchase is 90% completed. Now you need to setup a new password for your Bluehost hosting account.
Set the Password:
This is the final step of this process. In the above page click on “Create your Password”. Now tick the option “I confirm I have read and agree to the Terms of services, Cancellation Policy, Privacy statements and others”. Then choose the ‘enter your password’ (as your choice) or use ‘Password generator’ option in the page and click on Create. 98% is completed. What next.
Logging into Bluehost hosting cPanel:
Check your Email and click on the activation link, sent by Bluehost services. Remember one thing; your newly created password is not included in the received email. You can change the old email after logging into the hosting.
How to login into the newly purchased hosting account?
Go to Bluehost.com and click on “Login” at the top right side of the homepage. Then enter your domain name (which is filled in your email) or username and password which you have chosen or generated. On the next page click on “HOME” and you will be directed to the Bluehost cPanel. That’s it. Now you are on the newly purchased web hosting.
The above steps are very simple. It takes hardly 15 to 20 minutes to start your new blog setup and running.
Now within few minutes you will have a WordPress Blog. Get ready:
Congrats! You have successfully completed the web hosting setup process with Bluehost. In the next step, you need to know how to install WordPress on Bluehost server.
The Bluehost is one of the largest hosting companies started in 1996. The hosting is reliable, secure and has good customer support. After registering your new account, this tutorial will show you how to install WordPress on Bluehost web server. Just follow the tutorial to complete the WordPress installation on hosting.
Bluehost provides a simple key to install the latest version of WordPress with few clicks from simple script page. There is an option in cPanel to install WordPress on Bluehost web hosting. That is a Quick Install feature.
I have already shared my complete guide on How to Start a Blog, check the guide for more tips to get more visibility for blog success.
The Bluehost gives one free domain name with their hosting package plans. Check your new domain name availability at the time of registration.
Complete Guide to Install WordPress on Bluehost:
The hosting offers standard cPanel hosting, Fantastico is the default tool to install WordPress (this is one click setup) or you can use How to Manually Install WordPress. This is Bluehost One Click Install which is a very useful option to install WordPress on Bluehost. In this process, Bluehost mojo marketplace is more helpful and useful.
How to Install WordPress on Bluehost Web Hosting?
- Log into your Hosting control panel then go to Website Builder tab >WordPress.
2.Now click on Install under the “Install WordPress” option.
3. Now choose the added domain name from the pop-up menu. Select the correct domain name. Then click on Check Domain.
- After that write Site name or Title, Admin Username, Admin Password in the given boxes. Then put the check mark in “I have read the Terms and Conditions” box. Then click on Install Now. Now Installation will start. Within few seconds, your installation will be complete.
Finally log-in to your newly installed WordPress blog with their username and passwords. The URL looks like this
Your domain.com/wp-login.php (replace your domain with your installed domain name)
Now your new WordPress blog needs to log in and opens in a new tab with this URL. domain.com/ wp-admin/ Just “your domain” is replaced with your blog URL name.
These are the basic steps to install WordPress on Bluehost servers. This Bluehost / WordPress tutorial is very helpful to get WordPress platform to start your blog for your business.
What next after Installing WP on Bluehost
If you are using any popular web hosting services, once WordPress is installed, few things must be followed. After successful WordPress installation in the Bluehost hosting server, go for the next step, follow the points, and configure carefully.
If you have any problems in installation, do not hesitate and use the comment box to drop your queries. I will help you solve the problem.
In this step we will discuss, the major and essential settings after new WordPress installation (basic setting up WordPress site) before publishing your awesome content? This is very important setup for every new blog. To do this, you must spend 5 to 10 minutes for these basic setting up WordPress site.
WordPress is the most popular Content Management System (CMS) for every blogger. Because it is very strong in Search engine optimization part and being an open source CMS software, which is powered by PHP and MySQL. 35% of the blogs are running with Self hosted WordPress CMS. Recently I discussed about WordPress installation methods in my old posts. WordPress installation will complete within 30 minutes. Now your Brand new blog is ready.
In the self-hosted WordPress site settings can optimize very fast and you need to have few basic plugins to enhance their functionality and visibility on the web.
What are the Essential Settings after WordPress Installation?
Major settings of WordPress site after the first installation is very important. For this changes, go through each link in ‘Dashboard’ mainly to blog settings – Permalink structure, General settings, writing, reading, pinging services and few other blog settings.
To do this first, follow the steps now
Remove Dummy Content:
Once you install WordPress blog, you will get a default post “Hello World” and a default comment.
Delete them and follow the rest of the tutorial:
- Sample Comment: This is the default sample comment comes with WordPress CMS. To remove this comment, click the “Comments” link from the Dashboard (from Left column). Hover the comment body and click on “Trash”.
- Sample Post: This is also default post that comes with WordPress CMS “Hello World” post body then click on “Trash”. This will remove the post.
- Sample Page: This default page comes with WordPress CMSscript along with post and To remove this sample page, go Pages > All Pages. To remove this, hover the page titled “Sample Page” and click “Trash”.
- Hello Dolly Plugin: This is a dummy plugin installed with WordPress script like dummy post, page and comment. To remove this, go to Plugins > Installed Plugins then find out the
General settings: Change the Site title and Taglines and more:
Adjusting these WordPress General Settings are very important. Most of the newbie bloggers will not configure them properly. You shouldn’t make the same mistake. You can do the changes from the one page. To do this, go to “Setting > General”.
- Site title: This is the WordPress site Title. There are different options available to adjust the site title, tagline and some other important options to do your blog are explained. In the “Site Title” field, give the blog a unique and a short title.
- Tagline: You can use or explain about your blog with smart words in “Tagline”. But do not use the long tagline.
- WordPress Address (URL): Check your blog URL correctly either the URL should be with WWW or without WWW. There is no much importance in this by adding WWW additionally.
- Site Address (URL): Enter the address here if you want your site homepage to be different from your WordPress installation directory.
- Email Address: Add your Professional Email address here. (How to create professional email ID).
- Membership: This is the option to enable new user registrations as Subscriber, Contributor, and authors. If you are using the multi-author blog, this is the place to enable multi-author registration. Just check the box to enable it. Now, for the security reasons, if you have a single authored blog. I suggest you to disable WordPress registration. Check this check box if you want anyone to be able to register an account on your site
- New User Default Role: This is the default role in enabling the newly registered user. My suggestion is to keep this as in “Subscriber”.
- Time Zone: This is WordPress Time zone setting. Choose a city in the same time zone as per UTC (Coordinated Universal Time).
- Date Format: Choose the style of Date format to display in your blog posts
- Time Format: Choose the style of Time to display in your blog posts
- Week Starts On: It depends on the type of blog and its country. If you want week starts with Sunday choose Sunday. By default, it is on Saturday.
- Site Language: By default, English (United States) will be selected in site languages. You can change to your language here.
- Updating WordPress Ping List at Writings section:
At this stage, we will set up WordPress blog settings related to writing. By default, WordPress adds a category “Uncategorized” which doesn’t look so ideal. Here you can change the default category to any other category. You can go to posts > Categories from the left side panel, and add a new category. Come back, and change the WordPress default category to newly created category.
One of the major differences between a static Website and a blog is the ability to ping.
By pinging search engine bots, our WordPress blog notifies the search engines about the newly published blog post.
You should update your ping list with all major ping services. Add all the ping services URL and click on update button.
I also recommend you to use Push Press plugin to ping cloud ping servers.
To do this, Settings > Writings, in the page scroll down and you will find Update Services. Now click on the Update Service link and copy the ping list and paste at the below empty box of the Writings page then click on Save Changes. (Or) Copy the below-given ping list into your Writings Page > Update Service box.
Here I have compiled a list of Ping services for WordPress, which will help you for more services.
Updated Ping List
Vladimir’s WordPress Ping List
An alternative is Feed Shark, which pings over 60 services for free.
Change your permalink settings:
Permalinks are the addresses for the posts and pages on your WordPress site. The default permalink structure is not perfect for regular bloggers. This is not suitable for SEO. It should be easy to remember, so you must change this.
Now login to with WordPress your newly created User account. Login your details into your WordPress Blog from WordPress. Now delete default old user details. This is very important security tip.
Configure the Reading settings:
Now, at this WordPress setup page, you can configure many things like what should be your blog homepage. We are using custom home page and not a regular blog page. So, we changed the homepage to the custom static page we designed. For a normal blog, you can let the setting be
“Your latest posts” as shown in the screenshot.
The given steps are very important WordPress blog settings. This can be done under the reading setting as shown in the image below.
Here we configure comment related blog settings on our blog, and also one important setting which happens due to comment pagination.
Here are few blog settings which I usually use on my blogs: I’m writing down the blog settings which need being on.
- Attempt to notify any blog linked to from the article
- Allow link notifications from other blogs (pingbacks and trackbacks)
- Allow people to post comments on new articles
- Comment author must fill out name and e-mail
- Enable threaded (nested) comments
- Anyone posts a comment
- A comment is held for moderation
- An administrator must always approve the comment
Choose Your Avatar in Discussion settings:
|[Grab your reader’s attention with a great quote from the document or use this space to emphasize a key point. To place this text box anywhere on the page, just drag it.]|
This is the page to moderate the comments and its settings. Read each option carefully before choosing as per your blog needs.Now, if you are new to WordPress, I suggest you go to Gravatar.com and create an account and upload your image for your Email address. And here, you can make changes like Gravatar rating and default Gravatar.
In AVATARS section, choose given below
- Avatar display: Tick mark in Show Avatars
- Maximum Rating: G-Suitable for all audiences
- Default Avatar: Gravatar Logo
Change the default Images sizes in Media:
Though you can skip setting up this part but I usually suggest users to make necessary changes to avoid lots of image files. By default, when you upload images in WordPress, it creates images in 3 different sizes. Here you can set sizes as 0 X 0 and keep only one desired size as enabled along with size.
This is the default primary setting in Media. The image dimensions will change along with themes; you have to choose in further steps.
Choose WordPress Privacy settings:
This is the blog settings tab, where you configure if you want search engine like Google to show your blog in searches or not. I usually keep it off until I am completely done with WordPress setup and ready to write my first post. If you are done with setup, select the Reading options and deselect “Discourage search engines from indexing this site”.
You can create different categories and tags to your posts. The “Uncategorized” category is the default. If you do not create any categories your posts will be included in the uncategorized category 24.
By adding categories, the user experience will be improved to browse your blog more quickly. To create a new category, go for Posts > Add new Categories and create as many you want.
If you are installing WordPress for the first time, this post will help you for quick setting up WordPress site. Once done with all the settings above, it is time to install themes and Plugins.
After getting Domain name and WordPress hosting, you must install WordPress in your hosting account then adjust few Blog Settings to get full functionality of your blog. The Essential Settings after WordPress Installation for the first time are very important. I have explained in ten essential points on Setting up WordPress site. You can refer this post, to quickly check done these settings. You can also bookmark this post on Delicious, Stumble upon, and some other bookmarking services for future reference. The article on WordPress general settings and Essential Settings after WordPress Installation (Setting up WordPress site) are very helpful for every WordPress user to check or configure blog in a proper way.
In the previous step, you have learnt the basic essential steps to configure new WordPress installation. In this step, you need to know secondary configuration details. After this, no matter what you are posting or sharing with your WordPress blog. But you want to learn the minimum basics on this WordPress blogging platform. No need to update regularly. That is Categories creation, Menu bar creation, Plugins installation and Theme installation.
For this, I will help you by providing simple tutorials and follow along guides below. If you have any problem, do not hesitate to contact me at any time.
How to Create Categories?
Categories are the most powerful tool to organize your content in a proper way and as easily discoverable for users. This will help you to organize your posts easily. You can create parent categories and child categories. The child categories will add into subcategories. Creation of Categories is a very simple process.
Steps to create new Categories:
Step 1: To do this go for Posts>Categories section from main WordPress dashboard.
Step 2: In the next screen, go for the left side and click on the “Add New Category” option. This option helps you to create new kind of content.
- Enter the Category name in Name field and in slug (Slug is the web friendly name helps to categorize pages for quick and easy searching and navigation).
- Add the description about the category in few words. It gives a better understanding to users
- Choose parent option that suits the subcategory you made and then click on Add new category
Step 3: Repeat the same steps given above for new category creation. That’s it.
How to Create a Menu bar?
Menu bar is very important to navigate the content within the blog. There is a simple and easy way to use drag and drop menu interface. It allows you to create drop-down menus in WordPress. It helps you to present the site structure with your users. So the navigation menu is very important and it is placed close to the header.
Create Menu bar in step by step:
- To create menu bar, go for Appearance > Menus from WordPress dashboard. It brings you to edit menu screen.
- The Edit menu, screen has two columns. Left column has your Pages, Custom links, Tags and Category tabs. On the right side columns, there is an adjustable menu item interface with drag and drop.
- Choose the Page or Category and put the tick mark in the desired page and click on Add to menu The page will be added to the right side interface.
- Finally click on the Save menu to store the above setting.
- Now go for Manage Locations, and select the Primary menu and choose the menu which appear as primary menu and choose another menu in Top menu or Secondary menu.
- Finally save the total menu settings.
- You can change the menu item you added is arranged in the order you added them. Simply drag and drop a menu item to adjust its position in the menu.
WordPress plugins have been playing a vital role in maintaining a blog in WordPress.
There are about 25,000+ free plugins available in the plugins directory.
These plugins are very useful for all works with attractive options to the visitors by handing over from the blog.
These are helpful as SEO and site optimization purpose on the web.
There are 25,000+ plugins present in the plugin directory.
Along with these plugins there are other plugins also available on the specified website.
You must download the selected plugin from the specified site.
Adding Plugins to WordPress is very easy. After that, follow the instructions in the given steps.
Method 1: Search the Plugin from Dashboard and Install it:
This is WordPress Install Plugin without FTP method.
- Just go to “Plugins” option at left side of your WP Dashboard,
- Then Search for your Plugin in the “Search” box and you will get the Plugin. Simply, Plugins>Add New > Search
- Just click on the “Install Now” button to get the particular plugin functionality to your WP Site/Blog.
- After installation has been completed, just activate the plugin.
Method 2: Install the Plugin from Downloaded zip file:
In second method, just download the Plugin from the specified site to your system. This method is helpful to upload Premium WordPress Plugins from other than WordPress free plugin directory.
- Go to “Plugins> Add New” option from the left side
- Select the “Upload Plugin”
- Next, “Choose File” option from Install a plugin in “.zip” format
- Akismet checks your comments against the Akismet Web service to see if they look like spam or not.Locate the downloaded zip file and click “Install Now”.After this step activate the plugin to get the plugin functionality to your WordPress site/blog.Must have WordPress Plugins for a new Blog:Every WordPress blogger should know the importance of Plugins. WordPress plugins are bits of software (or) simple third party code that can be installed from the WordPress repository.
- Akismet :
This is an Official service provided by Automatic developers company. The plugin is trusted by millions of WordPress sites.
- Akismet checks your comments against the Akismet Web service to see if they look like spam or not.
- This plugin gives excellent protection to my blogs from thousands of Spam comments.
- This plugin gives excellent protection to my blogs from thousands of Spam comments.
- It is free plugin.
- To activate this service, you need to create and authenticate on the Akismet official site.
- W3 total cache :It is the best plugin to improve site/blog speed score. It is an alternative plugin for hyper-cache and WP Super cache plugin.
- Its function is minimizing to scripts, queries of cache database and expiry header to static images and others.
- Database Caching is very good with this plugin.
- 301 Redirection Plugins:For Redirection purpose I used Redirection Plugin in the past. Now I opted Eggplant 301 Redirects, It is very easy to setup. Both plugins are good. Pick one plugin and use it to redirect your old URLs to New URLs.
- Redirection Plugin: The redirection plugin is useful for directing all the incoming traffic into a right page which is useful for changing the post URL in the WordPress blog or making a link to the external site (or) making a link to the new page.
- Eggplant 301 Redirects: Easily manage and create 301 redirects for your WordPress A robust interface allows you create and validate redirects.
This plugin will check your posts, comments and other content for broken links and missing images, and notify you if any are found.
- It Monitors links in your posts, pages, comments, blog rolls, and custom fields (optional).
- Detects links that don’t work, missing images and redirects.
- Notifies you either via the Dashboard or by email.
- Makes broken links display differently in posts (optional).
- Prevents search engines from following broken links (optional).
- You can search and filter links by URL, anchor text and so on.
- Links can be edited directly from the plugin’s page, without manually updating each post.
- Highly configurable.
Yoast SEO (formerly WordPress SEO by Yoast) is the complete plugin for SEO available for WordPress users. The Yoast SEO plugin providing every option that you need to optimize WordPress blog.
- In this plugin there is a special built-in Content analysis function and Readability function available.
- These two functions help you optimize your content as per SEO guidelines.
- It helps to optimize your site titles and description for Google.
- We can achieve the maximum functionality of WordPress Blogs by using this Joost’s plugin “WordPress SEO by Yoast plugin”.
- It can also help to avoid and protect from content scrapers to your WordPress blogs.
This plugin will generate a special XML sitemap which will help search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo, Yandex (Russian Search Engine) and Ask.com to better index your blog and blog posts.
- With this sitemap, it’s much easier for the crawlers to see the complete structure of your site and retrieve it more efficiently.
- The plugin supports all kinds of WordPress generated pages as well as custom URLs.
Additionally, it notifies all major search engines every time you create a post about the new content.
This plugin is useful for showing the Old posts to the visitor related to the article of the site opened by a visitor. And further it facilitates the visitor to come to Achieved Content Search. Still now i am not using this plugin because my theme has inbuilt coding about Related Posts.
WP optimizer :This is a very useful plugin. This is for clean up the tables of WordPress Database, remove the post revisions, sending these spam comments to the Trash and optimize MySQL tables efficiently. It is peculiar and specialty is to occupy low space in the functioning.Simple but effective plugin allows you to extensively clean up your WordPress database and optimize it without doing manual queries.
Updraft Plus Backup and Restoration:
Backup and restoration made easy. It has three options. They are complete backups; manual or scheduled. This plugin helps to back up my blog in ‘backup to S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, Rackspace, FTP, SFTP, email + others’.
- This is an excellent plugin and I personally suggest for every WordPress blog admins.
- It helps to back up the data from hosting to cloud hosting.
Reward your readers by automatically placing a link to their last blog post at the end of their comment. Encourage a community and discover new posts.
Pretty Link Lite:
Pretty Link Lite is a simple plugin to manage affiliate links. This is my favourite plugin after Gocodes plugin (It is not available in Free WordPress repository. It allows you to add specific attributes to links to better control the actions of search engines.
- In addition, it also offers excellent redirection system.
- It is a good and Free Affiliate link cloaking WordPress Plugin. If you are promoting the affiliate products this is the best plugin to have.
- Pretty Link also comes with an analytical table that allows monitoring activities on the links.
SumoMe is one of the most popular plugin. This plugin helped me to share my articles on social media, to Create contact forms, to check heat maps, Analytics and for many more usages.
JetPack :Jetpack is another most popular Plugin from the WordPress developers. This is a super plugin for WordPress blogs. This plugin helped me to monitor my site statistics, site downtime monitoring, adding more sidebar widgets and many more features.There are tons of free WordPress themes are available on the WordPress themes directory.You may want to try few themes to your site until your selected theme suitable for your needs.In this beginner’s guide, I am presenting complete step by step procedure as how to install a WordPress theme from your WordPress dashboard, from cPanel and by using FTP software.Before learning, how to install a theme, we must be very clear about the content and structure of our blog.When choosing WordPress theme and especially if you do not have a graphic designer or programmer to your service, I recommend Happy themes, Genesis child themes, and MyThemeShop themes.How to install WordPress theme on WordPress Blog?
- Log in to the WordPress dashboard of your blog.
- Select the Themes from Appearance.
- Now Select Add New.
- Choose the theme you would like to use by using the Feature, Popular, Latest, Favourite and Feature Filter options.
- Here I searched for Hueman theme for my needs, and then Click on the Preview link to preview the Theme or if you click on Install now button to upload the Theme.
- WordPress will be starting your theme installation and shows the success message. Now click on Activate. Your selected theme is uploaded and activated as your chosen theme in your blog.These are the basic steps to install WordPress theme from free WordPress repository.How to Upload a Premium WordPress theme from computer?Most of the WordPress themes are free. If you are switching your free theme to premium theme for the uniqueness of your blog, Genesis framework themes, Mythemeshop themes are my first suggestion. These are not available in WordPress themes directory.You must purchase these themes from their official sites. They are providing these themes as Zipping format after complete your purchase. Download those themes into your computer’s desktop and follow the below steps carefully.Upload custom or Premium theme to WordPress blog:
- To upload custom or premium themes, which are downloaded from their official site, go to Add New from Appearance
- Then click on Upload theme button, which is located at the top of the Themes page or click on the “+” symbol on the box located on the page or end of all themes.
- Now it’s time to upload your downloaded theme. There is an option to upload, click on Browse option and choose the upload theme location. Select the theme from the drive and add in the dashboard, finally click on Install Now.Now the installation of the newly uploaded theme will start. After few seconds, this process will be completed.Before activating the theme, you need to check the preview and do the minimum theme settings like Site title, Widgets placements, Menu adjustments and some other few steps. Finally, click on Activate button.If we click on the option “Live Preview “we will see first and detail theme information to the left and right preview of the topic and the way in which it appears within the WordPress environment.After the adjustments click on the Save & Activate button to activate the theme as your default theme.If we are not convinced yet, we have the option of seeing him again live with “Live Preview “or return to the installer, “Return to Theme Installer “to select a new theme and then perform the steps above.If we decide to activate it after clicking the Activate button, we will open the initial themes window, in which the subject appears in our case Schema by MyThemeShop as Current Theme or current topic in use, we will also see that the deployed topic window presents at the bottom, the buttons tostart customizing the chosen theme. These buttons are Customize, Widgets, Menus, install Plugins, and Theme Options.We have installed our theme! Now you know how to install WordPress theme in WordPress blog and just need to customize it or put it to our liking as our corporate image. This is the basic step to install WordPress theme from your blog dashboard.Note: This theme upload functionality is available in only self-hosted WordPress blog users. If you are using WordPress.com service, this function is not available. You must use the existed free WordPress themes only.So if you are trying to rank your blog and branding, this is the right time to upgrade your blog from WordPress.com to self-hosted WordPress blogging.Now your WordPress blog is ready to start posting your content or articles. To do this, you need to know the basic points on Post Creation, Images uploading and Blog comments managing. Once you learn these basics you can dive on WordPress, now you will be really able to customize from all aspects of the WordPress blog.To this, I am providing the simple tutorial guide and follow along guide lines below.If you are still facing problem by following the above and present tutorial, do not hesitate to contact me at any time.How to Use WordPress Blog after New setup and Configuration?
How to create a new WordPress post?
The creation of a new post or Page in WordPress is very simple. It allows you to make a new web content, whether it is an article or other content. This is the good and one of the main feature that will allow you will be using in the WordPress.
To start the WordPress post creation, you need to go for Posts>Add New from the left side column on WordPress dashboard.
In this screen page, you will find two important things, they are
- Post title: This is the top thing of the page. You must add the content title here.
- Post Content: This is the actual place to add textual information, images and Videos. You can see this area in full coding mode (HTML mode) or Visual mode (Text mode).After publishing the post, you will be able to check the post from the blog home page.After publishing the post, you will be able to check the post from the blog home page.How to Add Images or Multimedia items within your Posts?By following the above new post / page creation, you need to add images or other multimedia format, which ensures your content interest and uniqueness.If you add images or videos along with Text stays engaging and the user can understand the content easily. In WordPress blog, this is very easy. To start this, open the page / post where you intend the media file.To do this, go for the page / post and click on “Add Media” button. It takes you to the Upload featured screen. PageThen simply click on Select Files button and choose the file to upload and place it within the content.It gives the option to find the files from your PC or network.Once the file is chosen, click on Upload button and finally click on Insert into Post. You can use the Image or Video within the post which is suitable at a correct place. Before placing the image, you need to do smart Image SEO. This is simple. Just fill the Title, and Alt text with your primary keyword. Here I am using Post title in my blog images because post titles are already optimized with On-Page SEO basis. So it has the primary keyword.After that, you need to adjust the basic and specific elements of the image to place within the content properly.
- Alignment: In the image alignment, there are three places like Centre, Left and Right. This option is to move the image and adjust at proper placement within the content.
- Link: This is the option to place the hyperlink. When you add the URL, it helps you to redirect the page into another post or page or other web site when user click on the image.
- Size: Choose the best dimensions which are suitable with your post. Personally I am suggesting Full dimension image to become your page looks clean and unique.Finally update the post / page by clicking the Save as draft. Click the preview to see the newly added image placement.Finally update the post / page by clicking the Save as draft. Click the preview to see the newly added image placement.How to manage and moderate Comments in WordPress Blog?Comment moderation and dealing is very easy in WordPress blog. Every user interacts with the post author by using the commenting system. Generally, it is located at the bottom of the blog post. Most of the people leave their opinions, queries about the content from the commenting section.This is very helpful and useful service available in WordPress. You must visit and manage the existed comments by separating the spam comments. Remove any the spam comment immediately if you find.This comment moderation is very important to secure your blog post from spamming. It helps you to give your business an authentic and feel.To manage comments, first you need to go “Settings > Discussions” from your WordPress dashboard.In the Discussions page, configure the options as you required. Now letting you adjust things like below;
- Allowing Comments in the First place: If you do not want commenting section within yourblog post, just turn it off. Note: If you turn off the section, this will change the settings for ALL posts.
- Approvals: This is an important option. If you enable this option, every comment will be going to moderation. The comments will be appearing after approval by the blog admin. It helps you to stop the spam, and abuse from appearing.So every comment is protected and moderated securely by choosing the proper options from Discussion settings page. The other option to protect your blog from Spam comments is using of Akismet Plugin.After activation of the plugin, go for Akismet settings page, click on Get API key button. Create new account in Akismet homepage, choose Free option, fill the details like name and email then click Signup. The API key will be added to your blog.After activation of the plugin, go for Akismet settings page, click on Get API key button. Create new account in Akismet homepage, choose Free option, fill the details like name and email then click Signup. The API key will be added to your blog.The plugin comes with the built-in features of spam sending Emails and usernames. So do not install this Plugin immediately in your blog without wasting time.Now your blog is Spam Free blog.They do not know how to get traffic and where to get it. This is hard to complete. Still now more than 300 million blogs are running on the internet.They do not know how to get traffic and where to get it. This is hard to complete. Still now more than 300 million blogs are running on the internet.No matter about your blog age. You must focus on few aspects to get huge traffic and ranking. Here I listed major places to promote your blog and blog posts.
- Allowing Comments in the First place: If you do not want commenting section within yourblog post, just turn it off. Note: If you turn off the section, this will change the settings for ALL posts.
Social Media Promotion
- Facebook:Facebook is the most popular social networking site. There are millions of users are using world-wide. This is a good place to promote your blog and blog posts for immediate traffic. To get maximum benefit create one Facebook Fan page and join relevant Facebook groups.Facebook Group:
- Create one Facebook group with your blog name.
- Interact with your group members personally.
- Write the tips and helpful info for your group members to engage.
- It helps you to get good traffic to your blog.Facebook Page:
- First create Facebook page for your business. Invite all your friends from your Facebook account to like the page.
- Create one Facebook group and send the invitation to join in your group or add the members.
- Enable post moderation by Admin option in Facebook group. It protects the spam and unrelated stuff postings in your group.
- Enable post moderation by Admin option in Facebook group. It protects the spam and unrelated stuff postings in your group.
- Copy the post title, description with few lines, keywords with Hash tags and Blog post URL in notepad.
- Copy the post title, description with few lines, keywords with Hash tags and Blog post URL in notepad.
- Paste the above notepad content in your Facebook profile, Fan page and Groups.
Few points about Facebook:
- There are more than 1.79 billion monthly active Facebook users worldwide. Every year increasing up to 16 percent.
- Every day 300 million images are uploading
- The average time spending period of Facebook user us 20 minutes.
- Every 60 Seconds: Posting more than 510 comments, 293,000 status updates and more than 1 lakhs images.
- Average time spent per Facebook visit is 20 minutes
Twitter is one of the most popular social media micro-blogging site. It allows each user to post messages of 140 characters or less at one time. You can post your update as text, images, and videos. If you are using the twitter as your personal sharing you missed the potential traffic. I suggest you to create a profile for your domain, which helps you for branding.
- Twitter has 500 million registered users; 200 million of them are active regular users.
- More than 400 million tweets are sent each day
- Each registered user has minimum 208 followers.To post and share your blog URL, just copy the Post title, few hash tags (From content keywords or Tags) and URL into note page. The sharable content should not exceed not more than 140 characters.Paste the prepared content in your Twitter profile and Twitter blog profile and click the button Post.Your task in Twitter:
- Follow the top-tier people tweets regularly. Re-tweet important information from their top posts. This helps you to connect your profile account.
- Read the industry level articles regularly.
- Choose your brand name or blog name as twitter user name.
- Upload profile pic and timeline picture into your twitter account.
Google Plus:Google plus is one the most popular social networking site from Google services. It has more than 250 million registered dedicated users. This is the favourite social site to marketers and influencers apart from the common users.Personally I recommend this social platform to boost traffic. I am getting good traffic from here.To get maximum benefit follow the below points.
- Create a good and eye catchy mini post. Here Google plus providing the features to highlight the text by placing the special characters. The post text becomes bold, underline and Italic automatically.
- Use bold feature for Headlines and Call to action
- Use Italic feature for Sleek preview
- Use bullets for point wise presentation
- Use underline feature to represent the main words with underline
- Use hash tags in your mini post. This represents the posts in “What’s hot”
- Create Google Plus page with your domain name and invite the members
- Join relevant Google Plus communities and post your mini post in the communities. It looks like a Facebook groups. This is the good traffic source. Do not miss this posting.
- Do not forget to interact with influencers through their Google plus profiles.
- Share the influencers’ content on your profile and brand pages.
LinkedIn is one of the biggest professional social network sites. It is very good professional social site for those seeking employment and those seeking employers.
- LinkedIn has more than 225 million registered users
- LinkedIn has 110 million unique monthly visitorsDo this task to get good traffic from LinkedIn:
- Create a LinkedIn Company or Brand Page:
- Create a page with your domain name to representing your Brand name.
- Feed the information in the page by using the Edit information option.
- Add and invite the members to the page.
- Update the Profile pic and other relevant information.
- Your cover page image will capture people’s attention, so make it fantastic.
- Promote your company page through Company Follow button like Facebook Like
- Post your blog updates like reviews, offers of the products.
- Promote on your Profile:
- Promote your blog post on your personal profile update status.
- Use Post Title, few lines description with Hashtags, post URL to update the share.LinkedIn is very good professional social networking site to get good referral traffic. Linked in groups are also one of the good sources. Share the updates into LinkedIn groups.
Klinkk is one of the social communities developed by Erik Emanuelli. Here you can share your updates like blog posts and something interesting else in the internet your find interesting. Here you can connect the real people here. If you post your links here you will get the huge benefits like blog traffic, exposure and links.
Do this task now:
- Create a new account in the site or you can sign up with your social sites like Facebook and
- After activate your account, Fill your details in the profile section.
- Now click on submit button and paste your blog post URL and add the relevant information with tags and submit to the community.
Instapaper is a good social bookmarking site. It has multipurpose platform users. Instapaper is a lightweight web and mobile app that allows you quickly to save all content online securely. You can book mark the Blog URL, Video links, Images and some other information. Great feature of this social bookmarking site is removes distractions from web pages when you open saved links. It is gives friendly reading environment for users.
Do this task now:
- Just create one account. Fill your details in the settings page.
- Click on Add link button which is on the right top side of the page.
- Add the blog post URL and Save it.
- To add Video URL, click on the Add video button and paste the Video URL like YouTube URL and Vimeo URL. Save it.
Pinterest is an image sharing and social bookmarking site. It has more than 90 million registered users. It is strictly Visual media sharing site not content sharing. You can upload your blog images, URLs directly or you can use the Pin it options to share your blog images to get smart traffic.
When users follow each other, their pinned images will be show on others page.
Do this task now:
Copy the blog post URL
- Go to your registered Pinterest account. Create one Board with your domain brand name.
- Click on upload button in the Pinterest dashboard (it is located at the top right side of the site)
- Paste the URL in the upload box and choose which image do you share just click on the image pin button. Your images will be share with your followers.
- That’s it
StumbleUpon is the biggest web engine with the giant collection of web bookmarking links. It stores the recommended websites, photos and videos by their users. This is also very good source of good traffic.
Flipboard is a social bookmarking site. It stores the web links at different categories. Basically it was designed as news aggregation purpose. It becomes more popular. This is very good place to promote your links. Increase followers in this site.
- Create one new account and activate it
Submit your blog post URLs and save it.
Build Mailing list
Create a mailing list to capture Emails and Send Emails.
Every blogger is trying to share their great content with their readers’ every day. But unfortunately more than 70% of the users are not visiting the same blog again.
One of the best ways to grab the reader’s attention is to grab the email ids. It helps you to revisiting your blog again and again. First you need to create a mailing list. To do this some of the Email marketing service providers are helpful. They are MailChimp, Aweber, GetResponse and ConvertKit.
First you need to install the popup windows plugin to capture the visitor email Ids. There are a number of free and premium Newsletter plugins. Choose one plugin and install into your blog. Configure the plugin and connect with email marketing service provider site to store the list. That’s it.
Do this task now:
If you are a new blogger,
- Create a new account in MailChimp.
- Activate the new account and fill the details in the profile and settings page.
- Create a List and name it
- Create a RSS-Campaign and design the Email template by choosing the good template for sending email to readers.
- Then save the page.
- Go for your blog dashboard; install email listing plugin which is suitable for email capturing.No matter what you are doing with your blog. First start mail listing. This is the great way to get in touch with your users and make them as regular visitor.No matter what you are doing with your blog. First start mail listing. This is the great way to get in touch with your users and make them as regular visitor.Start Guest PostingGuest blogging means writing article for other blogs. This is the most powerful way of link building. Write some quality articles and place the 1-2 your blog links within the article or one link in article and another link in Author bio box. The author bio box comes at the end of article.Blog update is the major work of every blogger. Publishing other blogger’s new article in your blog is called “Guest Blogging”. This type of article publishers is called “Guest Bloggers”. There are advantages as well as disadvantages in guest blogging. There are clearly more advantages than disadvantages. And then most bloggers prefer these guest posts. Not only those with this blogging will you get free traffic, free backlink and subscribers as well.This is the best way to gain attention for your blog to start guest post contribution to their sites at free of cost in your niche relevant blog.Your links from the guest article in the high authority blogs is very powerful if the blog is relevant with your niche. Most of the high authority blogs are not accepting all guest articles from all blogger. Because they are getting a number of guest articles from other bloggers. So write quality content.How to find the Guest post enabled Blogs?This is simple. Open Google.com and search with the below keyword patterns.
- Keyword “submit a guest post”
- Keyword “guest article by”
- Keyword “guest post guidelines”
- Keyword “accepting guest posts”
- Keyword “guest post by”
Find the good and high authority blogs by using Google Search engine where you can write guest articles.
Some blogs need registration to submit your guest article. Sometimes you can send the articles directly via email.
Try to create high quality content with minimum 1000 words. So they will accept your article. Do not forget to place your blog and blog post URLs within the article. Only two links are enough.
Add the experts and their resources as outbound links:
Outbound links means other referral links placed within your article. Other name is External links. Add the other highly authorised blog and blog post URLs as your referral or outbound links with in your blog post.
- It makes your content a better resource
- It increases the blog traffic, shares and back links.
- Google will give the high priority this type of good outbound link placing.
- It helps you to give valuable resources to your readers.Most of the high authorized blogs are using this method to get more tweets, shares, and back links within their high quality contents.
So what Next:Getting traffic is the biggest game in the blogosphere. Most of the new bloggers will get frustrated here and stop their journey at initial stages. The above mentioned methods give huge traffic from various sources. Here Social media sources are very good places. Email listing and sending update to the readers is a very important method to improve returning visitors.After getting good traffic from various sources you need to know how to monetize your blog to earn good commission.